Selling a house can be fast and easy of you are organized and know what to do to sell your home. Start by making a list of simple repairs – such as leaky sinks and chipped paint, and repair those items immediately. If you are thinking of remodeling, check out the latest Remodeling Cost vs. Value Report. If you are thinking of selling your home, a knowledgeable PHA Realty agent can help you figure out what it takes to prepare your home for the sale process. Here are some basic tips for selling a home:
Improve Home Curb Appeal
Curb appeal is extremely important for selling your home successfully. If home buyers do not like the outside of a home for sale, they are far less likely to like the inside. Improving curb appeal of your home is a key factor in selling your home.
- Declutter: Remove toys, lawn furniture, and other unnecessary items from the yard.
- Tend the Garden: Mow the lawn, trim bushes, and plant colorful flowers.
- Paint: Give the doors, windows, and trim a fresh coat of color.
- Patch: Fill and seal any holes in the driveway
- Wash: Clean windows and screens, hose down walkways and decks.
Staging and Showing a Home for Sale
Staging your home for sale is a key step in selling a home. Staging improves the impression a potential that buyer has when viewing your home. A knowledgeable agent can help you stage a home for sale so that it sells quickly and easily.
- Clean: Make sure the entire house looks and smells fresh and clean, including closets. Neutralize any odors, such as those from pets or smoke. Do not smoke indoors.
- Organize and Declutter: A general rule is not to have more than 3 items on a surface. Remove all items from kitchen counters. Remove all personal items such as photos and replace non with images of scenery and nature. Hide valuables and personal items.
- Neutralize: Avoid bright colors. If your are going to paint or hang decorations such as curtains, use light colors such as tan, cream, and white. These colors are best for selling your home.
- Add Finishing Touches: New bedspreads, new towels, and new lighting fixtures are inexpensive ways to help you sell a home fast.
- Remove Pets: Send your pets to a friend or neighbor during showings